Pour Over Coffee Stand for V60/Kailta Wave
A pour over coffee is said to extract a richer and fuller bodied flavour to your brew - whether you're using a Hario V60 or a Kalita Wave.
Having a morning ritual helps us start the day feeling strong, centred and organised.
Drink your cup of coffee however you like - with or without milk, served hot or over ice. Most importantly, our handmade stands take up very little space on your kitchen worktop.
Why start a coffee ritual? 🌅☕️😌
- Ground yourself with a morning ritual
- Organise your worktop and prevent sprawl from your coffee seat
- Streamline your day with very little cleaning between drinks
According to Artisan Coffee Co. you can "Start the day feeling strong and centred, and your day is much more likely to be calm, productive and stress-free."
Check out their article here: "Transform your morning coffee into a powerful self-care ritual"
About our hand-made stands by Alex ☕️😌
- He uses traditional joinery and hand-tools, you're buying something built to last
- He uses sustainably-sourced timber to make you a unique item
- He protects them with a food-safe waterproof finish so that you can wipe off splashes
- He'll brand it with an OpenFaaS logo using a blow torch!
- Then he adds natural cork pads to the base to keep your worktop pristine
Recommended setup and brewing recipe: ⏳
- Start with either the Hario V60 and Kalita Wave. The smaller sizes are great for a single mug of coffee.
- Grind 15-16g of fresh coffee beans with a hand grinder or burr grinder
- Place a coffee pot/"server" under the station to prevent splashes
- Pre-wet an unbleached paper with hot water, then discard the water
- Bring your water to the boil - filtered water is the best option, then let it cool a little
- In stages, gradually pour the water over - until you get to 200ml for a rounded cup, or stop earlier for a stronger brew.
- Dab off any splashes and dispose of the paper filter
- Find somewhere comfy to savour the moment
Where do you ship? 📦
UK & Northern Ireland - All versions - Royal Mail Signed For
Europe - All versions - Royal Mail International Tracked
USA - Oak or Premium Plywood - Royal Mail International Tracked
All items are made to order. Lead time 3-4 weeks.
What version should I get?
- The hardwood is the best quality timber I can find, usually sourced within 30 miles of my home.
- Plywood has the multiple layers that you may have seen in Danish furniture and mid-century design.
- The ebonized finish is somewhere between dark chocolate and black.
- The Walnut is a limited run because it's so expensive and hard to source.
What else do I need?
- A Hairo V01 coffee filter - these are about 5 USD or 5 GBP.
- A pack of 100 Hairo V01 papers - these run to about 5 USD or 5 GBP also.
You'll find both on Amazon, or at your local fancy coffee shop.
What is a dovetail?
A traditional joint known for its mechanical strength, often used in antique drawers. Watch an hour-long video showing how much care and attention they require by master craftsman Paul Sellers.
I recommend a hardwood coffee stand, they're made with hand-cut dovetails and finished in a food safe varnish with a natural look and slight sheen.
Premium Plywood has that mid-century/Danish design look to it:
New: Paper filter holders
These paper filter holders are new from Feb 2023 onwards, and can be used to store around 100 papers - a full pack. Get your papers conveniently laid out when you need a caffeine fix, and see when you're running low.
What are people saying? 📢
David Flanagan was our first customer, buying the earliest prototype with dovetails
Nik ordered a branded version using solid Oak, with rounded corners:
One-off exclusive ebonised Oak, first come, first served:
Ash and Walnut
Ready for finishing, American Walnut (left) and Local English Ash felled and seasoned less than 30 miles away from my home.
For questions before ordering, get in touch with Alex here: firstname.lastname@example.org
A hand-made coffee pour-over station